Wine X Staff
Wine X Online Edition
First off, I don’t want to kid anyone, I drank a lot of Mai Tais in Hawaii. But I did my part for you guys and took the time to scope out a tip sheet of wine lovers’ paradises. As it turns out, Honolulu is a great destination for wine lovers, with plenty of restaurants that offer exceptional wine lists and pairings. I’m not going to claim anything here about value or on-a-dime….. because nothing is cheap in Hawaii….. But hey, it’s a get-away for a reason. Splurge
Here are ten of the best restaurants for wine drinkers when visiting Honolulu:
- Il Lupino – This Wolfgang Zwiener concept is a mix of island chill & sophistication, featuring a great selection of wines from around the world, along with a menu of Italian-inspired small plates.
- Stage – Located in the heart of downtown Honolulu, Stage is a contemporary dining venue that offers an extensive wine list, with a focus on California wines.
- The Island Vintage Wine Bar – This intimate restaurant is housed in the Historic Royal Hawaiian center and offers a unique wine experience, with a wine list that features over 400 selections from around the world.
- Assiago Bistro: This casual choice restaurant is a must-visit for mid-day drinking wine lovers, with a wine list that features top-notch selections from California, France, and Italy.
- The Seaside – This contemporary restaurant offers a wine list that features a wide range of selections from the Pacific Northwest and California.
- d.k Steak House – This classic steakhouse offers a wine list that features an impressive selection of red wines from California and other top wine-producing regions.
- La Vie – This contemporary French restaurant located in the Ritz Carlton Residences is a must-visit for wine lovers, with a wine list that features an extensive selection of French and California wines.
- Duke’s – This ktichy Hawaiian mainstay is a must if you haven’t done it. Great views and surprising grain mains for what others might consider to be a tourist trap. The wine selection is above average, but the experience makes up for the meh,
- Roy’s – This Hawaiian fusion restaurant is a great destination for wine lovers, with a wine list that features a wide range of selections from California and other top wine-producing regions.
- La Mer – This French seafood restaurant is a great destination for wine lovers, with a wine list that features a wide range of selections from France and other top wine-producing regions.
These restaurants are just a few of the many great destinations for wine lovers when visiting Honolulu. Whether you’re looking for a casual night out or an upscale dining experience, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant city.